Whether you're new to using video to support your marketing program or you've been doing it for years, you won't find the success you seek unless you set a strategy to guide your activity.
You don't need an incredibly detailed plan, but you'll want to make sure you know how you'll align video content with the goals of your company.
- You won't know whether you're being successful.
- You won't know how to adjust your tactics as you go.
- You won't be able to justify the use of resources to company leaders.
A good plan is the difference between knowing that your content is delivering ROI and throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.
1. Determine what your video content should accomplish
Often the mark of good content marketing is that it isn't directly related to your product, so it's important that your business understands why you're creating video stories. Start with a straightforward mission statement to sum up the most important pieces:
- What type of content you'll make. Will they be educational videos? Entertainment? Practical? A mix? Your brand's reputation, image, and audience will determine your approach here.
- Who your audience is. Outline your target audience with as much detail as possible.
- What your audience should take away from your videos. What value do your videos add? What do they help your audience do?
2. Outline the types of videos and topics you'll create
It's important to outline the scope of your work when you're starting to implement videos across your business. Start by looking at which functions of the business will use video and whether the assets will be used internally or externally, or both.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19's Impact on Digital Agencies' Revenue and Leads
- The Future of Marketing Organizations Post-Pandemic: Top 5 Predictions
- Outsourcing Digital Marketing: Your Questions Answered [Infographic]
- Making Webinars Work—Up, Down, and Beyond the Sales Funnel [Infographic]
- How to Unlock Content Marketing's Value and Drive Sales: AI Can Help