Marketing teams need to be innovative, quick-thinking, service-oriented, and committed to the company brand. That's a tall order for anyone, but the reality is that marketers must be on their toes all the time.
As a marketing manager, how do you keep the company's most creative team performing at their best?
Here are a few tips from years of experience making marketing departments hum.
1. A Solid Marketing Plan
Early in the fiscal year, develop a marketing plan that is tied to the strategic plan, and ensure that every team member understands his or her responsibilities for helping to complete the marketing plan.
Use your plan as a road map to prioritize projects and make sure that your team is not frequently sidetracked by out-of-the-blue assignments that don't link to core strategies.
2. Brainstorming Sessions
Naming a product? Need to come up with a new theme for the gala? Stuck on how to please a client? Call together a department-wide brainstorming session where everyone—from the vice-president to the admin assistant—participates.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Game of Time: How to Slay Productivity-Killing Dragons [Infographic]
- The Most In-Demand Content Marketing Skills
- Market Like an Athlete, Not a Weekend Warrior: How to Avoid Ineffective Campaigns and Burnout
- Transform Your Life Through Small Changes: 'Atomic Habits' Author James Clear on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Take Calculated Risks [Infographic]