Interaction between software developers and digital marketers may be limited, but spending time learning about how software developers spend their days can offer digital marketers some useful insights into how to better structure their own work.
In essence, five things help software developers to make their work a success: perfect planning and clear communication,complete organization, keeping ahead of the game, flexibility, and rigorous testing.
1. Perfect Planning and Clear Communication
From coordinated marketing campaigns to developing a new mobile application, every project starts with planning. After all, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Ensuring that all stakeholders are involved from the very beginning is essential if everyone is to understand the overall aims and objectives, and make a project succeed.
Frequent and thorough communication, both internally and with clients, is critical to managing expectations and resolving any potential issues that may arise.
Recommendations for marketing teams:
- Ensure that all actions, plans, and objectives are written down. Relying on memory is imperfect, and verbal requests can easily be ignored or forgotten.
- Ensure that all documentation is stored in a central, easily accessible location.
- Nominate a dedicated person or team to be responsible for the delivery of a campaign. That person or team can be a central source of information and point of contact for a client.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Average Age and Tenure of C-Suite Executives
- Get Your Resume Together, It's 2020: The Must-Have Skills of Today's Marketing Leaders
- The Surprising Effects of Business vs Leisure Travel on Your Health and Wellbeing [Infographic]
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Jobs: Firms' Hiring Plans for the First Half of 2020