The strategy you employ to market and grow your e-commerce business will help determine whether (and how quickly) you reach your goals and achieve success. And whether you are new to the e-commerce game or you've been selling online for years, there is always room for growth.
Here is the good news: There are marketing and growth techniques that can put you on the path to success. Here is the not-so-good news: Sustained success won't come overnight.
Now let's take a look at seven highly efficient marketing and growth techniques for e-commerce businesses.
1. Focus on conversion optimization
How much traffic you push to your website doesn't really matter. All that matters is that people make a purchase. So the higher your conversion rate, the more money you will make.
(Here is a useful guide to conversion optimization. From testing to data mining, you'll learn quite a bit.)
The following scenario will open your eyes as to why conversion is so important:
- For every 1,000 visitors to your site, 10 of them make a purchase. That's a conversion rate of 1%. If, on average, those 10 people purchase $100 worth of goods or services, you will earn $1,000 for every 1,000 visitors.
- Now, if you find a way to double your conversion rate to 2%, every 1,000 visitors will bring in $2,000. Simply put, you double revenue without increasing traffic.
Many e-commerce business owners think the only way to increase sales is to increase traffic. Although that's one option to consider, increasing your conversion rate can be much more powerful.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Problems Still Plaguing Online Shopping, and How to Fix Them
- 404 Errors: What Happens When Your Web Page Is Broken [Infographic]
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages
- The High Cost of 'Inexpensive' Website Design and SEO: A Thorough Guide
- Why You Need to Boost Your Website's Page-Load Speed [Infographic]