Let's be honest: Delivering a great presentation is not only hard but also critically important to your business. If done correctly, a presentation often means the difference between getting that new customer or wondering what went wrong.
So what makes a great presentation?
Here are seven tips you can follow to create and deliver a more memorable, engaging, and enriching presentation.
1. Be prepared
Most professionals know this step. But, in reality, there are two key elements to preparedness: Knowing your content and knowing your audience. Each reinforces the other, so if you keep both in mind you will have a more effective presentation.
For knowing your audience, ask yourself these questions:
- What engagement level will they have coming in to your presentation: interested, uninterested; informed, uninformed?
- Who will be in attendance: the decision-makers or non-decision-makers?
And for knowing your content:
- Is it geared toward your specific audience based on the questions just posed?
- And do you know every single inch of your presentation inside and out?
2. Know your purpose
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Accelerated B2B Sales Growth: Challenges and Strategies
- Sales Leaders' Top 10 Priorities for the Year Ahead [Infographic]
- Seven Ways B2Bs Can Use Social Media to Boost Conversion Rates and Generate Leads
- The Top Challenges Facing Sales Teams
- Automation in Moderation: Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]