Buyer behavior changes faster than most marketers are able to keep pace with. Modern B2B buyers want to be marketed to on their own terms, and they expect you to plan your campaigns accordingly.
So how can you engage buyers wherever they are in the selling process and also reach all of the important decision-makers—without being intrusive? Account-based marketing (ABM) to the rescue.
What is account-based marketing?
ABM allows you to target your marketing on the account level rather than at the individual level. That means you can deliver your marketing messages to your target accounts while expanding your reach and exposure to other decision-makers and influencers within an account.
Here are five dead-simple ways to get your first account-based marketing campaign up and running.
1. Go talk to your sales team
Let's be honest here. When is the last time you sat down with your sales counterparts and got to know them on a personal level?
If you have done so recently, great! If not, I would highly encourage you to do so quickly. You'd be amazed what you can learn simply by having a conversation with your sales team.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Automation in Moderation: Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Types of Events That Will Fuel Sales for Your Brand
- Five Keys to Building Better Buyer Experiences
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Account-Based Marketing (But Were Afraid to Ask): Samantha Stone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Social Media for Sales Research