"You must unlearn what you have learned."
When Yoda said that to Luke Skywalker a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (i.e., the 1980s), he wasn't referring to digital marketing.
Nevertheless, the old Jedi Master would make a terrific CMO today.
And if he had traded his position on the Jedi Council for a cushy desk job, he might have imparted these words of wisdom to Padawan marketers.
1. 'Judge me by my [presence], do you?'
A strong presence is the most important element of online marketing that local businesses can focus on: Half of all mobile searches are conducted with the intent of finding local results, and 61% of those local searches result in a purchase.
Accordingly, business owners require a simple way to control their online visibility and promote their reputation effectively.
The main areas to focus on for establishing an online presence are as follows:
- Online listings: Making sure listings are accurate and consistent across key sources
- Online reviews: Generating and promoting reviews and addressing negative ones
- Mobile-friendly websites: Providing an effortless browsing experience for customers
- Social activity: Maintaining active social accounts on the most relevant networks with consistent profile data and engaging content