Even though Facebook is the most widely adopted social network and has more than 1.3 billion users, it's not always easy for brands to know how to best deliver relevant content to the widest possible audience.
Facebook continually changes how it displays page content to fans; in turn, users daily find new ways to use Facebook.
Still, there are ways brands can create Facebook content that stands out and leads to more engagement.
1. Post visual content
A brand has only a few precious seconds to catch users' attention before they move on to the next item in their Facebook News Feed. Creative visual content is a great way to stand out. It's eye-catching and it takes up more real estate in the News Feed, giving fans more opportunity to engage with your content.
In particular, video works well on Facebook, which is now one of the largest video hosting sites in the world and accounts for more than 4 billion video views a day.
Shorter videos tend to perform better than longer ones, so keep your videos brief. Include something that grabs your audience's attention immediately—in the first three seconds—to get them to watch more instead of scrolling down their News Feed. Videos play automatically, but with the audio off, so include a relevant description in the post or a title in the video itself.
Photos also work great on Facebook, so consider adding more of them to your posts. Images of bright colors, people, and faces perform well.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]