Want to get your next book not only published and reviewed but actually sold? Marketing plays a key role in that goal.
But, you don't have to be a marketing expert. You just need to apply marketing basics.
The four pillars of marketing are product, placement, price, and promotion. Here's how you can use them to accomplish your publishing goals.
The first pillar of marketing is simple: Create a phenomenal product. In this case, the product is your next novel, short story, poetry collection, or whatever you might have in mind. Here are a few key tips to help you on your way.
1. Seek Out a Mentor
Finding and investing in a mentor relationship with another writer is crucial. Mentors help support and encourage you through the writing process; they are also indispensable in helping you find the direction you want to take your writing and giving you time-tested advice.
2. Engage in Writing Events
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Beat the Competition With Market Intelligence on Content, Positioning, and Leads
- What Do CMOs Predict for 2019? [Infographic]
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas