Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) is a free service by Google that allows you to check your website's indexing status and to optimize its visibility for searchers.
To adjust your website in Google Search Console, you need to go to the dashboard and select your site's main property. If it's www, then select that choice. If you have an SSL certificate, you'll have to select the property with "https" (with or without www—depending on your main mirror).
Let's start from the Search Appearance. We'll go from top to bottom.
This is where you can see whether Google finds any structured data on your website (including manual highlights from Data Highlighter, which we'll be looking at more closely later on). If there are any errors, there will be a notification that looks like this:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve
- The Ultimate Contact Form Checklist and Guide for 2020 [Infographic]
- Three Problems Still Plaguing Online Shopping, and How to Fix Them
- 404 Errors: What Happens When Your Web Page Is Broken [Infographic]
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages