Contact: Trevor Klein, Senior Vice-President of Business Development
Location: San Diego
Industry: Retail, B2C
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 110
AutoAnything.com sells custom-made automotive accessories and performance parts ranging from floor mats to car covers. When the site began in 1999, the company designed its homepage and its promotions based on "gut feel." There was no customer personalization or other bells and whistles.
But in recent years, as the e-commerce environment became more competitive, the family-owned business realized that its site needed to become more strategic. At the end of 2006, the company turned to Omniture, a Web analytics firm, and its Test&Target product.
After a few months of using Test&Target to simultaneously test different versions of landing pages, AutoAnything.com increased landing-page sales conversions by up to 12%.
For years, AutoAnything.com offered discounts at the beginning of the month because it was thought that online consumers made the most purchases at that time. But SVP of business development Trevor Klein and his marketing team weren't sure whether such discounts were very effective.
Moreover, customers were demanding a better user experience all the time as online shopping matured.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 404 Errors: What Happens When Your Web Page Is Broken [Infographic]
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages
- The High Cost of 'Inexpensive' Website Design and SEO: A Thorough Guide
- Why You Need to Boost Your Website's Page-Load Speed [Infographic]
- Five Website Conversion Principles That Will Increase Your Lead Volume