Contact: Tony Hsieh, CEO
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Industry: Retail, e-commerce
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 7000
The call these days for let-it-all-hang-out social media initiatives from the top down is one of the toughest challenges to tackle if you're the CEO of a leading online retail company.
What are the best ways to connect and communicate while growing and fostering a company, and should a CEO communicate directly via social media tools?
While others are still hashing out whether their CEO should be Twittering, blogging, or Plurking, Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com. has been using Twitter for over a year with authenticity and real-time tweets consisting of responses to fellow Twitterers, announcements of company news and even replies to a few customer complaints.
Moreover, Hsieh's company now has nearly 450 employees on Twitter—more than 6% of his employee base.
With his constant twittering, Hsieh continues to garner accolades from the social media universe, as well as from twittering customers who have provided a resounding "twittering thumbs up" for Zappos from around the world.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)