Contact: Tony Hsieh, CEO
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Industry: Retail, e-commerce
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 7000
The call these days for let-it-all-hang-out social media initiatives from the top down is one of the toughest challenges to tackle if you're the CEO of a leading online retail company.
What are the best ways to connect and communicate while growing and fostering a company, and should a CEO communicate directly via social media tools?
While others are still hashing out whether their CEO should be Twittering, blogging, or Plurking, Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com. has been using Twitter for over a year with authenticity and real-time tweets consisting of responses to fellow Twitterers, announcements of company news and even replies to a few customer complaints.
Moreover, Hsieh's company now has nearly 450 employees on Twitter—more than 6% of his employee base.
With his constant twittering, Hsieh continues to garner accolades from the social media universe, as well as from twittering customers who have provided a resounding "twittering thumbs up" for Zappos from around the world.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement