Contact: Karen Hayward, Executive Vice-President and CMO for CenterBeam
Location: San Jose, CA
Industry: Information Technology—Outsourced Services (B2B)
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 175
For CenterBeam, a provider of outsourced IT services based in San Jose, sales is indeed a numbers game, but not in the traditional sense. Rather than trying to engage as many leads as possible, the company's sales force instead concentrates on a smaller quantity of well-qualified prospects and nurtures those through a seven-touch disposition process involving targeted email and voice communications.
This program, which was formed in partnership with PointClear, has proven much more effective than the old numbers game that CenterBeam used to play: It has generated a 12:1 ROI to date and helped achieve compound annual revenue growth of 34% during the five years it has been used.
CenterBeam is a remote infrastructure managed services provider that specializes in desktop management, server and network management, and other support services for North American mid-market organizations.
The company, which relies on outsourced lead-generation services to build its business, faced a mini-crisis in 2003: It was spending a lot of money every month on leads that the sales team could not develop in the pipeline.
"The sales force was screaming about how horrible the leads were," recalled Karen Hayward, executive vice-president and CMO for CenterBeam.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Segmentation Gaffes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Relationship Marketing and GDPR: Avoiding the Traps of Personalization Data and Targeting Tech
- Six Ways Bad Data Can Cost You, and Five Tips for Cleansing It [Infographic]
- Personalizing Your B2B Marketing to Supercharge Lead Gen: Adobe's Drew Burns on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Segmentation Models Are Outdated: How to Update Your Marketing Segmentation Practices