Despite the tough economic environment and unprecedented challenges to the industry, consumers' use of digital media climbed to new heights in 2009 as the Internet continued to evolve as an integral component of Americans' personal and professional lives, according to data from comScore.
Below, findings from the comScore 2009 US Digital Year in Review, which summarizes recent digital marketing trends and discusses implications for 2010.
Search: Google and Bing Led Market Share Growth
The introduction of Bing in June 2009 enabled Microsoft to gain renewed traction in the search marketplace: During the course of the year, Microsoft Sites grew from 8.3% to 10.7% share of all search queries, with nearly all of the growth coming in the second half of 2009, subsequent to Bing's introduction.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Best-Practices to Align Web Development With SEO
- Median and Average Landing Page Conversion Rates for 16 Industries
- Your Guide to Incredible Landing Pages: 5 Must-Have Elements, 10 Great Examples, 5 Best-Practices
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve
- The Ultimate Contact Form Checklist and Guide for 2020 [Infographic]