Below, comScore's April ranking of the Top 50 US Web properties:
Top 50 Ad Focus Ranking
Google Ad Network led the April Ad Focus ranking with a reach of 91.6% of Americans online, followed by Yahoo Sites (87.4%), Yahoo Network Plus (83.6%), and AOL Advertising (83.6%).
Looking for great digital marketing data? MarketingProfs reviewed hundreds of research sources to create our most recent Digital Marketing Factbook (May 2010), a 296-page compilation of data and 254 charts, covering email marketing, social media, search engine marketing, e-commerce, and mobile marketing. Also check out The State of Social Media Marketing, a 240-page original research report from MarketingProfs.
Top 10 Gaining Site Categories
Earth Day accelerated traffic to Green Sites—the top-gaining site category for the second consecutive month—while interest in the royal wedding drove record traffic to Entertainment News Sites.
Among the top-gaining website categories in April:
- Green Sites attracted 26.4 million visitors, up 32% from March. Shine Green topped the category with 7.9 million visitors, up 364%. Planet Greet was second with 3.3 million visitors (up 15%), followed by Care2 with 2.0 million (up 11%) and Mother Nature Network with 1.8 million (up 24%). EnergyGuide attracted 918,000 (up 6%) and EPA.gov reached 916,000 (up 10%).
- Entertainment News Sites attracted an all-time high of 100.2 million visitors in April, up 5% from the previous month. Omg took the top spot with 29.1 million visitors (up 23%), followed by TMZ with 15.0 million, BuzzMedia Entertainment with 13.1 million (up 2%) and People with 12.8 million. Zimbio attracted nearly 10.2 million visitors (up 15%), followed by CNN Entertainment with 9.4 million and E Online with 8.3 million (up 10%).
Top 10 Gaining Properties
comScore also released April data on the top-gaining online properties, led by KeywordBlocks, MLB, and ShopAtHome:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Why Website Load Time Matters in 2020 [Infographic]
- Three Best-Practices to Align Web Development With SEO
- Median and Average Landing Page Conversion Rates for 16 Industries
- Your Guide to Incredible Landing Pages: 5 Must-Have Elements, 10 Great Examples, 5 Best-Practices
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve