Group deals are gaining popularity among local businesses: 12% of surveyed local merchants say they have offered a group-deal promotion, up 33% (3 percentage points)(PPs) from the 9% who said so in June 2011, according to the seventh annual MerchantCircle Confidence Index.
Meanwhile, the adoption rate of Facebook Ads has slowed: 23% of local merchants now say they have used Facebook Ads, up just 5% (1 PP) from the 22% who said so six months earlier.
Traditional marketing channels also remain popular among local merchants: 25% say they use print newspaper ads and 24% use direct mail
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]