In a study of 3,128 HubSpot B2B customers in 2011, LinkedIn generated a visitor-to-lead conversion rate of 2.60%, on average. That's four times higher than the average visitor-to-lead rate for Twitter (0.67%) and seven times higher than the average rate for Facebook (0.39%).
Moreover, LinkedIn is growing faster than Twitter and Facebook
LinkedIn attracted some 28.1 million unique visitors in March 2012, up 7.3% from 26.2 million in February, and up 60.7% from 17.5 million one year earlier.
By contrast, Twitter attracted 42.0 million unique visitors Twitter in March, up 35.5% from 31.0 million visitors a year earlier. Facebook attracted 169.9 million visitors in March, up 20.7% from 140.7 million a year earlier.
About the data: Findings are based on data from 3,128 B2B HubSpot customers that generated traffic and leads from social media in 2011, collected via the HubSpot system.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead