Only one in five B2B marketing and sales professionals (20%) say their demand generation campaigns are fully effective, whereas 80% say they are ineffective to semi-ineffective, according to a survey from Corporate Visions.
Among those 80%, content is the biggest challenge. Asked to identify the single most important factor hampering successful demand generation campaigns, a plurality (37%) cite content that "isn't engaging or provocative," whereas 31% cite a lack of sales and marketing alignment, and 12% cite budget constraints. Some 9% of B2B professionals say they don't have enough content.
Moreover, campaign messaging lacks a customer focus: 60% of B2B marketing and sales professionals say their organization's demand generation campaigns focus solely on their own company's products, features, and services—rather than focusing on their customers' pain points.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Automation in Moderation: Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Types of Events That Will Fuel Sales for Your Brand
- Five Keys to Building Better Buyer Experiences
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Account-Based Marketing (But Were Afraid to Ask): Samantha Stone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Forget the Funnel: Join the Buyer's Journey With Lifecycle Marketing Instead