Social media is now a global phenomenon, with most online adults in North America, Europe, metro Asia, and Latin America regular users, according to a new update of Forrester's Global Social Media Adoption In 2011, originally published in January 2012.
More than 86% of online US adults and 79% of European online adults engage with social media, whereas In BRIC countries some 93% of online users use social tools.
The report uses Forrester's Social Technographics system to classify social media use worldwide (18 countries in North America, Europe, South America, and Asia). Users fall into seven groups based on online activities, and consumers can fall into several different groups. Only Inactives are an exclusive group.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things