Despite privacy concerns, consumers are more comfortable sharing their personal information with retailers than they are with social networks, particularly if sharing such data enhances the shopping experience, according to a survey from MyBuys and the e-tailing Group.
Some 55% of surveyed consumers say they are "mostly willing" to share information with retailers in order to get a better shopping experience, and 57% say they are "somewhat willing" to do so.
More than two in five consumers say they are willing to share information in order to expedite their shopping experience (44%), or have a more personalized shopping experience (43%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]