That penetration level is far behind that of Facebook (98%) and Twitter (94%), but it is still impressive considering Instagram is much newer and mobile-only, and it has no administrative or brand management features.
At the beginning of 2012, Instagram had roughly 15 million users, and it was available only via the iPhone OS. Seven months later, now also available to Google Android users, the platform's user base has swelled to 80 million.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]