That penetration level is far behind that of Facebook (98%) and Twitter (94%), but it is still impressive considering Instagram is much newer and mobile-only, and it has no administrative or brand management features.
At the beginning of 2012, Instagram had roughly 15 million users, and it was available only via the iPhone OS. Seven months later, now also available to Google Android users, the platform's user base has swelled to 80 million.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)