That penetration level is far behind that of Facebook (98%) and Twitter (94%), but it is still impressive considering Instagram is much newer and mobile-only, and it has no administrative or brand management features.
At the beginning of 2012, Instagram had roughly 15 million users, and it was available only via the iPhone OS. Seven months later, now also available to Google Android users, the platform's user base has swelled to 80 million.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]