As might be expected, the best day and time of day to share content via social media depends on your target audience (business or consumer) and the specific social platform you're using, according to research by Compendium.
Based on social sharing data from 300 companies using the Compendium content marketing platform, the research found the following:
- When sharing B2B content via LinkedIn, Sunday is the most effective day of the week (ranked by number of clicks generated), whereas Monday is the most effective day of the week for sharing B2C content with LinkedIn members.
- When sharing B2B content with Twitter followers, Wednesday is the most effective day of the week, whereas when sharing B2C tweets, Mondays and Wednesdays are more effective than any other day of the week.
Below, other findings from Compendium.
Timing of Social Shares
Timing is important, too. The best time of the day to post content similarly varies by business type and social channel:
- Twitter: B2B tweets tend to be most effective from 10 AM to 11 AM, whereas B2C tweets are more effective from noon to 2 PM.
- Facebook: B2C posts are most effective round the noon hour, and in the early afternoon, roughly 3 PM to 5 PM, whereas B2B posts tend to generate interest around 11 AM.
- LinkedIn: B2B content shared on LinkedIn is most effective in the morning, from 9 AM to 11 AM, whereas B2C content is most effective around lunch time.
Social-Sharing Practices: Punctuation and Symbols