The first debate of the 2012 Presidential race between President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney sparked some 10.3 million tweets on the evening of October 3 and became the most tweeted event in US political history, according to a report by Twitter and Compete.
The following chart tracks #Debate tweet volume at 15-minutes intervals from 9:00 pm to 10:30 pm EDT on October 3, 2012:
Below, other findings from Twitter and Compete.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?