The first debate of the 2012 Presidential race between President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney sparked some 10.3 million tweets on the evening of October 3 and became the most tweeted event in US political history, according to a report by Twitter and Compete.
The following chart tracks #Debate tweet volume at 15-minutes intervals from 9:00 pm to 10:30 pm EDT on October 3, 2012:
Below, other findings from Twitter and Compete.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance