In 2012, an estimated 9.6 trillion text messages were sent out. What were all those texts about?
Fortunately, you don't to have to read over someone's shoulder to find out. Leads360 did the research, created the Text Messaging for Better Sales Conversion report, then put its findings in the following infographic.
The dating world accounts for a huge amount of texts. Texting is becoming the digital version of passing notes in class. A total of 67% of texters have sent a love note via text message, and 68% have used text messaging to flirt.
With all the love texting around, marketers also are incorporating texting more into their campaigns. A total of 36% of marketers use texting in their campaigns; 26% plan to use texting in their marketing campaigns in the next 12 months.
So why is texting growing in popularity with marketers? The short answer: The response rate is huge. Marketing texts have a 98% open rate, and a 45% response rate. And the conversion rate for leads who were sent three or more text messages after the initial contact is 328%. (Yes, you read that correctly.)
To find out more about the influence of texting, check out the following infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Novel Economy, Generation N, and Thriving in a Digital-First Environment: Futurist Brian Solis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Buyers' Top Challenges With Their Current Vendors
- Would People Rather Watch an Ad or Share Their Email Address?