As more and more consumer data becomes available, companies are struggling to rise above the deluge of information.
To find out how marketers are handling the flood of data and what they plan to do with that data, Infogroup Targeting Solutions and Yesmail Interactive sponsored a study that surveyed 700 attendees at the DMA2012 and Forrester Research eBusiness conferences.
They then shared their findings in a report and produced an infographic. Among the findings:
- 68% of marketers said they plan to increase data spending.
- 56% said they plan to hire employees for data positions.
- 45% said analyzing or applying data will be their biggest challenge.
And regarding the use of real-time data, 53% of businesses said they plan to make greater use of it, and 19% said they are starting to consider it.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Identify and Avoid Survey Response Bias [Infographic]
- Small Towns Present Big Opportunities for Marketers: Rural-Business Expert Becky McCray on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Qualitative Research: Even More Important in the Age of Big Data
- Five Ways AI Is Changing the Future of Marketing Research for the Better
- How Well Do You Know Marketing Trends? Test Your Knowledge. [Quiz]