The infographic breaks down buyers by generation:
Up-and-coming buyers. Mary the Millennial (age 18-35) is most likely to research online (and do so for a long time) as well as to shop for business goods online. Some 89% of Millennials make corporate purchases (131% more likely than those older than 35). And 58% of them have researched or purchased corporate goods on their tablets or mobile devices. Mary the Millennial is most likely to make corporate purchases via Amazon Supply.
Established buyers. Some 68% of the Gerry the Gen X-er group (age 36-45) purchase business goods online; and 63% research or purchase items using a tablet or mobile device. A total of 34% have researched on a B2B supplier website but ended up purchasing from a less expensive supplier.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Connected Devices Are Reshaping Consumer Behavior in 2019 [Infographic]
- What 4.7 Billion Interactions Reveal About Customer Experience: Mark Smith of Kitewheel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]