This week gave us a deluge of actionable tips for improving social strategy. See how Salesforce.com is taking on HootSuite, learn what Facebook has in mind for videos, get a breakdown of 10 effective types of social media posts, and take a look at Twitter's latest effort to facilitate e-commerce in fewer than 140 characters. Skim to free your muse!
One perfect shot. Twitter account @OnePerfectShot has a super-simple and compulsively contagious raison d'être: capturing cult films with just one shot. We're intrigued and obsessed. But in addition to finding the perfect shot for North by Northwest, it illustrates a dominant idea for succeeding in social (and communications in general): be brief, be impactful. You only get a shot's worth of time.
Call of Duty calls in Underwood. This week's top branded video is the trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Its narrator (and villain) is the one and only Kevin Spacey. Clearly channeling his Frank Underwood character from House of Cards, Spacey rails, "People don't want freedom. They want boundaries, rules." Meanwhile, a futuristic war rages under an oblivious blue sky. 14 million views and counting.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels