This week gave us a deluge of actionable tips for improving social strategy. See how Salesforce.com is taking on HootSuite, learn what Facebook has in mind for videos, get a breakdown of 10 effective types of social media posts, and take a look at Twitter's latest effort to facilitate e-commerce in fewer than 140 characters. Skim to free your muse!
One perfect shot. Twitter account @OnePerfectShot has a super-simple and compulsively contagious raison d'être: capturing cult films with just one shot. We're intrigued and obsessed. But in addition to finding the perfect shot for North by Northwest, it illustrates a dominant idea for succeeding in social (and communications in general): be brief, be impactful. You only get a shot's worth of time.
Call of Duty calls in Underwood. This week's top branded video is the trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Its narrator (and villain) is the one and only Kevin Spacey. Clearly channeling his Frank Underwood character from House of Cards, Spacey rails, "People don't want freedom. They want boundaries, rules." Meanwhile, a futuristic war rages under an oblivious blue sky. 14 million views and counting.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]