Still peeved about Facebook manipulating your feelings? A clever Mood Manipulator plugin lets you decide how your News Feed feels. We've also got Snapchat news, Reddit Live, an Instagram case study, and tips on feeding your blog all the content "food groups." Skim for a balanced diet.
Take criticism on the chin. Today in #socialfails, Southwest Airlines flight 2347 from Denver kicked an entire family off a plane because, prior to boarding, the father tweeted something like, "Wow, rudest agent in Denver. Kimberly S, gate C39, not happy @SWA." We don't have the original tweet, but that's only because the family was immediately ordered off the plane and told to delete the tweet if they wanted to get back on.
Southwest apologized via email and sent the entire family $50 vouchers. (The family has nonetheless decided never to fly Southwest again.) Lesson 1: Don't kick people off your service because of a customer service critique that lacks menace or bad intent. Lesson 2: When your employees put you in a situation as awkward as this one, ensure compensation is somewhat equal to the level of injury... $50 is the airline equivalent of a bad tip.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns