This week was packed with tricks for "hacking" social. We give you the definitive guide to Snapchat hacks, a Twitter feature that'll encourage followers to retweet for goodies, self-destructing photo posts on other social networks... and the social stars who are more important than celebrities. Skim for the inside story!
Lemme take a selfie. No. 1 on the Viral Charts this week is "#SELFIE," a mad (and maddening) romp of youth culture—and the selfies they inspire. A few choice celeb selfies also make the cut. As proof that anti-selfie culture pays as much as selfies do, the video, created by The Chainsmokers, has clocked nearly 194 million views.
Extra, extra: Apple's going social! Apple's snapped up Musa Tariq, ex-social media chief for Nike and Burberry, to head its social efforts. Musa, who boosted Nike athlete relationships on social and led Burberry's social media work in China and for the London Fashion Show, will be joining as digital marketing director. Watch your feeds for his debut, and here's an example of "Acoustic," a Burberry campaign he did where musicians sing acoustic versions of pop songs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)