Some "$5.1 billion has been raised with crowdfunding so far in 2014," according to the following infographic by BusinessProfiles.
What will the future of crowdfunding look like, though?
"Equity crowdfunding" will increase, because the JOBS (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) Act lifted the ban on securities crowfunding for startups.
"Companies can now raise up to $1 million a year through crowdfunding without going through the process of registering the securities through the SEC," states BusinessProfiles.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Six Most Popular Digital Marketing Channels With Small Businesses
- How to Integrate Purpose Into Your B2B Content Strategy
- What CMOs Are Focusing On in 2019 [Infographic]
- How Brands Benefit by Using Virtual Reality to Engage Customers [Infographic]
- How to Clearly Articulate What You or Your Brand Do: Clarity Consultant Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]