Some "$5.1 billion has been raised with crowdfunding so far in 2014," according to the following infographic by BusinessProfiles.
What will the future of crowdfunding look like, though?
"Equity crowdfunding" will increase, because the JOBS (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) Act lifted the ban on securities crowfunding for startups.
"Companies can now raise up to $1 million a year through crowdfunding without going through the process of registering the securities through the SEC," states BusinessProfiles.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]