Get the scoop on Rooms, Facebook's new anonymous app; Foursquare's first ad campaign; and Kotex's lunge for vampire-loving teens. Also learn how to make sure Facebook posts appear at the best times for your audience. Skim to stay in social shape!
But is Chanel the one that you'll want? Topping the Viral Video Charts this week is Chanel's latest, a short film, "The One That I Want," which includes a cover of the Grease song that shares that title. It's less hoppy, but with 343,000 social shares over the last seven days, we'd say it got people hopping anyway—for the kind of life that only exists in perfume ads. This one, though, is lovingly done.
You'll never be able to dissociate vampires and periods again. Kotex is jumping on the branded content bandwagon with web series "Carmilla," a comedy about a college girl who discovers her new roommate is a vampire. New episodes air every Tuesday and Thursday. It succeeds in building on a pop culture vampire craze and transmedia remakes like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries which, like Carmilla, revamps (pun!) a classic story. It's also increased channel subscriptions for its host, YouTube's Vervegirl Magazine, by 550%. Kotex even managed to ease its, ahem, primary product into the storyline with only mild flinching and moderate horror—which are reactions that should be associated with vampires anyway.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)