Is your content focusing strictly on pushing sales? It's not 2004! Today's savvy customers expect more from content.
Here's a look at some content-creation tips from a Captora infographic.
"Spend time learning about your customers, and give them content that resonates," suggests Captora. Despite the importance of listening, content marketing's primary focus (47%) is to create content for websites, social media, advertising, and print publications. Communicating regularly with customers and commercial contacts ranks low (5%) on the list.
"Stop creating content in a bubble," recommends Captora. "Feedback and research help! Research your audience to determine meaningful information to share with them, and you'll see the benefits of good content marketing."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]