See who did what for April Fools' day. Score the scoop on how Jay-Z's new TIDAL project stormed socnets, what was going on with that Groupon banana holder, where you can see what's streaming on Periscope, and which new Facebook app lets you make collaborative videos. Skim to chase the stream.
Everybody's a joker
Brands and platforms alike jumped on April Fool's Day. Our favorite examples include Domino's pizza dough delivery box, Sam Adams's helium-infused beer (shown below), Google's Pac-Man maps, CERN's confirming the existence of The Force, Popcorn Time's joining Netflix, and Facebook's baby-tagging. Check out more on Brand Republic and vote for your favorite ones.
As for whether participating in an April Fool is effective, we leave the answer to you... But if you participate, try to play with long-held truths (or even rumors!) about your brand. Everyone likes a company that's sufficiently self-aware to know which aspects of itself to poke fun at.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)