See who did what for April Fools' day. Score the scoop on how Jay-Z's new TIDAL project stormed socnets, what was going on with that Groupon banana holder, where you can see what's streaming on Periscope, and which new Facebook app lets you make collaborative videos. Skim to chase the stream.
Everybody's a joker
Brands and platforms alike jumped on April Fool's Day. Our favorite examples include Domino's pizza dough delivery box, Sam Adams's helium-infused beer (shown below), Google's Pac-Man maps, CERN's confirming the existence of The Force, Popcorn Time's joining Netflix, and Facebook's baby-tagging. Check out more on Brand Republic and vote for your favorite ones.
As for whether participating in an April Fool is effective, we leave the answer to you... But if you participate, try to play with long-held truths (or even rumors!) about your brand. Everyone likes a company that's sufficiently self-aware to know which aspects of itself to poke fun at.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do