Even quiet weeks in social can hide big news. Find out how many people joined Periscope in its first 10 days and how well Twitter did in Q1. Also: the birth of emoji hashtags... and the secret to Buzzfeed's video success. Skim to stay socnet-savvy.
Why are Buzzfeed videos so shareable? AdWeek sat down with Chief Revenue Officer Lee Brown to ask just that question. To start with, Buzzfeed's investing a lot in video and international content. And for good reason: In March alone, it hit 1 billion monthly video views.
As for branded content, Lee Brown divides super-shareable videos into three buckets: Identity ("This is so me!"), emotional gift ("This made me LOL and I want to share it"), and information.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)