Even quiet weeks in social can hide big news. Find out how many people joined Periscope in its first 10 days and how well Twitter did in Q1. Also: the birth of emoji hashtags... and the secret to Buzzfeed's video success. Skim to stay socnet-savvy.
Why are Buzzfeed videos so shareable? AdWeek sat down with Chief Revenue Officer Lee Brown to ask just that question. To start with, Buzzfeed's investing a lot in video and international content. And for good reason: In March alone, it hit 1 billion monthly video views.
As for branded content, Lee Brown divides super-shareable videos into three buckets: Identity ("This is so me!"), emotional gift ("This made me LOL and I want to share it"), and information.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]