Even quiet weeks in social can hide big news. Find out how many people joined Periscope in its first 10 days and how well Twitter did in Q1. Also: the birth of emoji hashtags... and the secret to Buzzfeed's video success. Skim to stay socnet-savvy.
Why are Buzzfeed videos so shareable? AdWeek sat down with Chief Revenue Officer Lee Brown to ask just that question. To start with, Buzzfeed's investing a lot in video and international content. And for good reason: In March alone, it hit 1 billion monthly video views.
As for branded content, Lee Brown divides super-shareable videos into three buckets: Identity ("This is so me!"), emotional gift ("This made me LOL and I want to share it"), and information.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media