Are you listening to music while you read this? If so, know that listening to certain genres can affect your productivity.
"People listening to music in headphones completed tasks more quickly and came up with better ideas than those that didn't," states Superfi in the following infographic, based on a Fast Company article.
Mellow music helps when you're thinking deeply. "When trying to get creative juices flowing, an ambient level of music appears to work best," states Superfi.
Skip the lyrics, though, if you're working on an immersive task or learning something new. "Lyrics can cause serious inefficiency—this is because the words activate the language center of your brain," explains Superfi.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Get Your Resume Together, It's 2020: The Must-Have Skills of Today's Marketing Leaders
- The Surprising Effects of Business vs Leisure Travel on Your Health and Wellbeing [Infographic]
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Jobs: Firms' Hiring Plans for the First Half of 2020
- What Hiring Managers Value vs. What Job Applicants Think Matters [Infographic]