Are you listening to music while you read this? If so, know that listening to certain genres can affect your productivity.
"People listening to music in headphones completed tasks more quickly and came up with better ideas than those that didn't," states Superfi in the following infographic, based on a Fast Company article.
Mellow music helps when you're thinking deeply. "When trying to get creative juices flowing, an ambient level of music appears to work best," states Superfi.
Skip the lyrics, though, if you're working on an immersive task or learning something new. "Lyrics can cause serious inefficiency—this is because the words activate the language center of your brain," explains Superfi.
To find out more about the effect of music on your productivity, tap or click on the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]
- Managing Momentum: Bounce Back From Setbacks and Procrastination [Infographic]
- How to Gain Influence and Effect Change: Four Skills Every Marketing Leader Needs