About $3.38 trillion worth of online merchandise will be abandoned in online shopping carts this year. Here's a look at the reasons for shopping-cart abandonment, and also some tips for preventing it.
Some "21% of consumers cite time constraints as a common reason for cart abandonment," states Ripen Ecommerce. To prevent that issue, "include a guest checkout option so shoppers aren't forced to make a new account," Ripen suggests.
Also, 44% of shoppers will abandon a cart because shipping costs are too high. "Offer free shipping with a minimum threshold slightly higher than your average order value," suggests Ripen.
And 75% say they plan to return to a site or go to a store to complete a purchase. "Use inventory counters and/or limited time offers to compel shoppers to complete a sale," Ripen recommends.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Make Account-Based Marketing Work for You in 2020
- Revenue Operations: A Game-Changer for B2B Marketers
- ABM Strategies for Winning Those Big, Attractive Deals: A Three-Tiered Approach
- Your Lead Data Is Bad, Fix It With Predictive Lead Scoring
- A Guide for Creating and Optimizing B2B Content Marketing Funnels [Infographic]