'Tis the season for retargeting, so find out how Instagram can help you out. You'll also get the full debrief on all Facebook's new customer service tools, Google's new interactive mobile formats, and ever so much more. Skim for a very merry season indeed!
Retargeting website visitors with Instagram ads: A handy guide
If using social media for retargeting seems too complicated to tackle, Social Media Examiner will rescue you with step-by-step instructions for retargeting site visitors with Instagram ads. Get a clear walk-through on setting up a Facebook Pixel (a way of tracking who's visiting your site from Facebook or Instagram), and designing and launching a retargeting campaign. Detailed screenshots ensure you'll be on your way to higher conversion rates—and cheaper ad spend—just in time for the holidays.
1. Here's Facebook's full basket of new customer service tools for marketers
Facebook has given brand pages a facelift to make the platform more customer-service-friendly. The changes below affect brands that let customers contact them via private message:
- Easier access to comments. A new section in the activity tab displays all comments made by customers on a page, letting marketers quickly and easily respond.
- Responsiveness time. Brands can post responsive times to show consumers how quickly they can expect to hear back. If you choose not to fill this out, Facebook will do it for you based on your history.
- Away messages. Businesses can set away messages that users will see when opening a message thread. One big plus: your response speed to messages sent during those periods won't count against your responsiveness time.
- Customer history. When you select a customer's message, all their past interactions with your brand (comments, messages) will also appear. It will include any information the user shared publicly on their profiles—making their overall sentiment toward you, and your historic relationship with them, easier to reference.
- Tags. Brands can now add tags like "repeat customer" to message threads to help easily identify customers and sift through messages.
2. Google launches two new interactive ad formats for mobile