This week's social roundup: Instagram lays groundwork for full-fledged e-commerce; Facebook rolls out customizable page layouts for businesses, and it places a bet on social gaming with its launch of Instant Games; all about why you should think twice about using emojis; Trump's little-known digital and data machine that might just have won him the election; how to measure social media churn; all about Generation Z's diverging views from Millennials'; and much more...
Skim for the latest and greatest!
1. Prepare yourselves: Instagram sets up shop for full-fledged e-commerce
Last month, the Facebook-owned photo and video sharing network announced it would partner with 20 top retail brands to pilot shoppable posts, and now it appears Instagram is poised to invest even more heavily in e-commerce.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do