Personal New Year's resolutions usually stink, and marketing resolutions are no better. You know why?
1. Your resolution is random
Goals need to make sense for your specific brand and business. Just because video marketing is a trending marketing topic, that doesn't mean it's right for your particular brand. Make sure your resolution makes sense for you if you want to see success.
2. You don't own the goal
Do you feel like your success is dependent on a dozen outside factors? If so, your goal will likely fail. You need to create resolutions that you can own and be accountable for. If you don't, then it's too easy to slack off.
3. You have no support
Does your C-suite oppose your resolution? Is your team apathetic? Is your boss completely uninterested? Like for any goal or resolution, a network of people cheering you on and contributing to your success is essential.
4. You don't have steps for success
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 2020 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- The Ultimate LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 2019 [Infographic]
- The Average Tenure of Top Consumer-Brand CMOs
- Why Employees Get Fired
- Establishing Work-Life Boundaries Is Key to Happiness: Author Carlos Hidalgo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]