The subject of outsourcing one's social media is still quite controversial, a taboo subject in the most elite digital circles, and perhaps so without a good reason.
After all, though 45% of respondents in a recent study believe a rise in marketing activities done in-house will increase in the future, only 32% of respondents believed there will be an increase in outsourcing.
So, should a company outsource its media social?
We've compiled a list of four solid benefits of outsourcing your social media, followed by four things that might make you reconsider outsourcing.
Pros of Outsourcing Your Social Media
1. A valuable outsider's perspective
When all your marketing is done in-house, you risk becoming too introspective.
The intervention of a third-party agency can challenge the ideas, notions, and concepts you start to take for granted. Though no one knows your brand better than you do, sometimes one needs to get some objectivity to understand your company from a consumer point of view, something key to identifying and exploiting your USPs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?