We've heard the hysteria surrounding the native advertising ecosystem, and within that hysteria is a litany of mistruths and misconceptions about how native advertising works and why it is effective.
In time for Halloween, we would like to explore five of those native advertising "horror stories" to help set the record straight.
1. Native advertising is not just another buzzword and fad
When video streaming was introduced, there were serious doubts about its necessity and relevancy. Critics thought that no one would want to watch television on small screens. However, video streaming transformed the entertainment industry.
Today, you can hardly find a person who doesn't watch their favorite show on smartphones or tablets.
Soon, the act of presenting interesting ads in a convenient and natural way also will become a standard. Native advertising will evolve to integrate into our everyday lives.
This is not merely an opinion. OneSpot and digital media consultancy firm 614 Group surveyed 487 US marketing professionals about content marketing recently and found that 22% of marketers believe native advertising is where all online advertising is headed and 69% believe it's a valuable advertising niche.
2. Native advertising does not mislead the end user
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads
- The Most Effective PPC Ad Channels