Both social media marketers and brand managers are asking themselves the same question: How can they make their brand's story stand out in today's noisy, always-on, social world?
Let's face it... Not every ad campaign goes viral, and not every social media post reaches the target audience. But that fact can change. What has lately been called an unsolvable problem by marketers has a relatively simple solution: employee advocacy.
The Benefits of Employee Advocacy
Many Fortune 1000 brands are empowering their employees to be brand advocates—in their own, original voice—on social media. Brands looking to reach new audiences as well as drive brand loyalty need only look to the people creating, building, and selling their products and services.
Employee advocates are some of the best social marketers out there.
Employees can help generate brand awareness, new engagement, and new sales. Research from Cisco shows that employees have 10X more followers than corporate social accounts. What's more, a 12% increase in brand advocacy generally generates a 2X increase in revenue growth.
Employee advocates have the power to drive a wide range of marketing value, such as:
- Sharing company content on social media
- Motivating their network to engage with company content
- Consuming content published on the platform
How to Get Started
Top brands are offering their employees social media training and an advocate marketing platform that enables them to quickly and easily share brand-approved content.
Getting started usually means identifying internal business partners and getting leadership involved. Company leaders have the ability to model how employees should interact on social media. Support from leadership is a critical component. When leadership is involved, employees are more likely to participate. However, most company executives are more than happy to get involved when they see how various departments across their organization stand to benefit from employee advocacy.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media
- New and Exciting Ways Brands Are Using AI on Social Media
- Blog and Social Media Use by Fortune 500 Companies in 2018
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy