The meta descriptions for your Web content could be just about the most powerful marketing tool at your disposal.
You're almost certainly underusing meta descriptions, yet they won't cost you a thing.
Let me explain... As a savvy marketer, you know how important SEO is. You're aware that ranking highly for commercially valuable keywords is crucial to the digital health of your business.
However, the human element of SEO often gets overlooked. The fact is that we need to tailor our marketing strategies for people as well as machines.
The trouble with SEO is that it's sometimes easy to focus too much on the techie side of things. And as it turns out, there are a lot of traditional marketing techniques that we can apply to an SEO action plan.
The Case With Google
For example, Google requires us to have good sales skills.
The company recently revealed that it uses click-through rates as a ranking factor in searches.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Site Speed Is Key for SEO in 2019 (and Beyond)
- Local Business Links and Reputation: Competitive Difference-Makers in SEO
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing