The meta descriptions for your Web content could be just about the most powerful marketing tool at your disposal.
You're almost certainly underusing meta descriptions, yet they won't cost you a thing.
Let me explain... As a savvy marketer, you know how important SEO is. You're aware that ranking highly for commercially valuable keywords is crucial to the digital health of your business.
However, the human element of SEO often gets overlooked. The fact is that we need to tailor our marketing strategies for people as well as machines.
The trouble with SEO is that it's sometimes easy to focus too much on the techie side of things. And as it turns out, there are a lot of traditional marketing techniques that we can apply to an SEO action plan.
The Case With Google
For example, Google requires us to have good sales skills.
The company recently revealed that it uses click-through rates as a ranking factor in searches.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]