Social-Media SEO: Five Key Tips
Want to increase traffic to your site? A recent article at the SEO Traffic Spider recommends using social-media optimization (SMO) as a highly effective method for search-engine optimization of any website. As the name implies, you optimize your site by advertising it through social-media sites and online communities.
According to the article, Rohit Bhargava of Ogilvy Public Relations introduced the concept of social-media optimization, which others have continued to expand. Here are five tips taken from Bhargava's basic insights to help you drive more traffic to your site using SMO techniques:
- Increase the number of links to your site. A website's popularity rating continues to be influenced by the number of links it gains from other sites. Network to increase that number—and boost your perceived popularity.
- Apply bookmarking and tagging. Incorporate buttons for users like "add to delicious" (or other bookmarking sites) to encourage bookmarking. You can also include relevant tags to your site's pages at bookmarking sites across the Web.
- Create inbound links. Create new links on your site to the blogs or sites that contain back links to your site. The back-and-forth action should increase its visibility.
- Make your content travel. Include "portable" content at your site such as PDFs, video, and audio files. Send links to them to your list, and offer them to sites related to your niche.
- Allow others to use your content. Use RSS feeds to syndicate your content, so that others can use it for their benefit—and drive more traffic to your site in the process.
The Po!nt: Add more social to your SEO. As social sites proliferate, your site could gain a boost in popularity by linking up and networking with fans in communities across the Internet. Apply a few SMO techniques to your site SEO and see what happens!
Source: SEO Traffic Spider. Read the full article.
→ end article preview
Read the Full Article