SEO Copywriting: Five Secrets to Online Success
According to Brian Clark, founder of Copyblogger, using the right words in the right way in your website copy will consistently help convert visitors to buyers while also determining "how well you rank in search engines and how much traffic you get."
In a popular post at the blog, Clark offers five ways to increase the "right" search traffic to your site using on-page SEO. He suggests you focus on these areas:
- Title. Identify target keywords and include them in the title of your content. "The closer to the front of the title your keywords are, the better," Clark notes.
- Meta Description. Though it's debatable whether keywords in your meta description influence rank, Clark observes that SEO copywriting is also about the presentation of your content in a search engine. "Try to keep the meta description under 165 characters, so the full description is visible in the search result," he advises.
- Content. To make search engines happy, Clark says, use unique and frequently updated content (at least 300 words), "tightly on-topic and centered on the subject matter of the desired keyword phrases."
- Keyword Frequency. Keyword frequency is the number of times your targeted keywords appear on the page. Keyword repetition affects ranking, but don't over-do it, Clark cautions, or Google might penalize your page.
- Page Links. Link to relevant content early in the body copy. Other suggestions: Link to relevant pages every 120 words or so; link to relevant interior pages (not just home pages); and link using naturally relevant anchor text.
The Po!nt: Don't get hung up on the rules. Rather, Clark advises, appreciate how best practices help reinforce the intent behind what search engines are looking for—quality search results for people.
Source: Copyblogger. Read the full post.
→ end article preview
Read the Full Article