Five Ways to Win Customers With Augmented Reality
You know you could benefit by adding one or another new technology to your branding efforts, but how exactly? Well, it helps to look at existing examples of the latest cool innovations.
Case in point: augmented reality (where real-world views through a webcam or mobile device are augmented with techno features that boost the user's experience).
Now, what exactly might AR do for you? Here's some insight.
David Stutts of agency Luckie & Co. has put together a presentation detailing 20 ways AR is being used to push a variety of brands by augmenting their customers' reality. Here are the first five:
- Hotels.com's AR booking site sports virtual views of 10 US cities. Visitors hold a sheet of paper with a "marker" glyph up to their webcams to "participate" in activities hosted by distant cities, like riding mechanical bulls in Denver.
- Magic Tee. Kids don this T-shirt and move around in front of their family webcam. As they move their arms, the T-shirt creates all kinds of weather on the computer screen. AR kidswear!
- Vegas Reality is a mobile app dedicated to Las Vegas. Stroll the Strip while pointing your iPhone at casinos; the app delivers photos, facts—and even lets you book reservations.
- USPS's box simulator uses your webcam to help you determine the box size you'll need to mail any object by "fitting" it inside a virtual box image. No more trial and error at the post!
- Museum of London's StreetMuseum lets users experience the 19th century while meandering the streets of London. Kinda creepy—but what better way to learn history than a walk through it?
→ end article preview
Read the Full Article