There is no denying that marketing automation delivers results: a 10% increase in marketing contribution to pipeline, a 20% increase in generated sales opportunities for nurtured leads versus non-nurtured leads, and converting 53% more leads to Marketing-qualified leads.
The most common reasons given for reluctance to adopt marketing automation range from lack of time or budget to the inability to get executive approval.
One less-talked-about objection, however, is the most likely culprit: fear of the unknown. The biggest hesitation comes from those who have not used marketing automation before. For those unfamiliar with the technology, it can be scary to make the decision to invest in it. No one wants to screw up, or look dumb by not being able to use all the bells and whistles.
However, there are numerous resources for studying up on marketing automation. This video from Salesfusion's Marketing Minutes Video Series provides an overview of what marketing automation is, also outlining how to determine whether a business could benefit from a marketing automation solution.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Beat the Competition With Market Intelligence on Content, Positioning, and Leads
- What Do CMOs Predict for 2019? [Infographic]
- 2018 Year-end Episode of Marketing Smarts: What Marketers Need to Know for 2019 [VIDEO]
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas