Real-World Education for Modern Marketers

Join Over 600,000 Marketing Professionals

Start here!
N E X T
Text:  A A

SWOT Team: From Clicks to Ka-Ching!

by Hank Stroll, Yvonne Bailey  |  
May 4, 2004
  |  6,390 views

SWOT Team: Pondering Paid Search—From Clicks to Ka-Ching!
by Yvonne Bailey and Hank Stroll

Search engine marketing has helped to level the playing field for companies that lack the patience, expertise or dedicated team it requires to get their sites ranked high using “natural” search.

As pay-per-click search engine marketing heats up, marketers have seen cost-per-click rates increase to an average of over $4.00. Many companies, focused squarely on keeping their traffic volume high, are happy to pay the price for a 1.5% visit-to-lead conversion rate, but what about the other 98.5%?

The argument is that pay-per-click ads are keyword targeted and should deliver a more qualified site visitor. Savvy marketers prepare dedicated landing pages that help these visitors navigate directly to a targeted point of interest with an opt-in carrot at the end of the stick. Why is it, then, that so many site visitors leave the site without opting in or making a purchase? This issue's dilemma asks: What methods can you use to increase your conversion rates when paying per click for site visitors?

Click bank running on empty? Let us know what keeps you up at night. What dilemma do you take with you when you leave the office? Your peers would love to help. Write to us and ask our SWOT Team about your dilemma. Tap into the collective strength, wisdom and experience of this group. It works, and you could win a free copy of our book, A Marketer's Guide to e-Newsletter Publishing.


Revisit our previous dilemma—read below for your peers' best advice for determining whether using an in-house or a third-party email list is best.

Unite and make a difference!

This Issue's Dilemma


Sign up for free to read the full article.Read the Full Article

Membership is required to access the full version of this how-to marketing article ... don't worry though, it's FREE!

WANT TO READ MORE?
SIGN UP TODAY ...
IT'S FREE!

We will never sell or rent your email address to anyone. We value your privacy. (We hate spam as much as you do.) See our privacy policy.

Sign in with one of your preferred accounts below:

Loading...

Hank Stroll (Hank@InternetVIZ.com) is publisher at InternetVIZ, a custom publisher of 24 B2B e-newsletters reaching 490,000 business executives.

Yvonne is a “customer engagement coach” and President of EVE Consulting, helping companies achieve sustainable market leadership through the power of customer engagement.

Rate this  

Overall rating

  • Not rated yet.

Add a Comment

MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that MarketingProfs: Your data is secure with MarketingProfs SocialSafe!