Prior to days of the dot-com, it was expected that individuals intent on leading corporations of the future would attain a university degree. At that time, higher education was believed to correlate directly with success in the real world and the corporate environment.
At the peak of the e-commerce frenzy, however, studying doctorates and undergrads alike were all too happy to abandon their credential quest for a chance to roll the dice in the instant millionaires club of the late '90s. In fact, many of the greatest minds of today's business world left university before completing their degree, going on to wield power in some of the most successful enterprises of our day.
While most entrepreneurial types will tell you they love learning, many find it difficult to stay within the bounds of university curriculum. What is the role of education in regard to career opportunities? Does it take a special breed of individual to make it in the real world without the traditional academic foundation that society and the corporate world deems important? This issue's dilemma asks: Are obtaining a degree and academic credentials still vital to success?
Submitting an IOU on the dilemma of an MBA? Let us know what keeps you up at night. What dilemma do you take with you when you leave the office? Your peers would love to help. Write to us and ask our SWOT Team about your dilemma. Tap into the collective strength, wisdom and experience of this group. It works, and you could win a free copy of our book, A Marketer's Guide to e-Newsletter Publishing.
Revisit our previous dilemma—read below for your peers' best advice on converting site visitors to paying customers.
Unite and make a difference!
- Give advice about this issue's dilemma.
- Read your peers' responses to the previous dilemma (below).
- Submit your own dilemma.
This Issue's Dilemma
SWOT Category: Internal Weakness
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]