Smart Web marketing combines search engine optimization (SEO) with social media. Guest-blogging is the perfect example. It's a way to promote content and your company with huge (and measurable) SEO and social media benefits. And it's fun.
First, let's recap the basics of search optimization and social media: (1) To rank well in search engines, a site needs to look authoritative, which generally means a good number of legitimate websites have linked to it; and (2) to get results in social media, you need to create meaningful connections with relevant people.
Let's See How Guest-Blogging Can Help
Guest-blogging has to sides: publishing your content on other sites (being a guest blogger) and seeking content from others for your site (blogger relations and guest-blogger outreach). They are both powerful content-marketing tactics with search marketing and social media benefits.
To see how to guest-blog and see what the search and social benefits are, let's imagine the processes and the outcomes of two bloggers: one blogger who posts only on his own site and another who embraces both approaches to guest-blogging.
Round One: Both Bloggers Create Two Posts
Blogger A has written two posts, and he publishes both on his blog. Blogger B has also written two posts, but rather than post them both on her blog, she connects with another website owner or content manager who agrees to publish one of her posts. She asks only for a link back to her site in exchange. That link is indicated by the dotted line in the diagram above.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Use Storytelling to Transform Your B2B Content Marketing: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why a Picture Really Is Worth a Thousand Words According to Neuroscience
- How to Create a Content Strategy for COVID-19 (or Other Crises) in Five Steps
- Eight Talking Points to Justify Your Content Budget During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Eight Ways Your Content Marketing Might Be Sabotaging Your SEO